Sunday, November 16, 2008

Moodling away

I've been implementing my final project -- Statistics in the News -- in moodle. I have two of the three lessons done so far. It's a lot more work than I would like, but part of that is me writing and creating so much stuff instead of just linking to articles already written. I just prefer to put things in my own words, I guess. It takes a lot more time. And when you accidentally close a tab (when switch between tabs to copy a link) and lose a half an hours work, it gets frustrating. I've been writing in word and copying over since then. While moodle has a convert from word button, it seems to omit some spaces between words. I'm going to have to go back and edit everything, but at least its all there.

I'm really liking how everything is shaping up. While this is designed as an online class, I think if I actually gave it, I would prefer to do it as a blended class. I feel that a live lecture would work a bit better for stuff than the written notes. Though I could tape a lecture and put that up with a live chat session as a possible option.

No comments: